The Friends of Lapham Peak group will be hosting the 23rd Annual Fright Hike at Lapham Peak State Park in the Fall of 2021!
Early-bird tickets will be available online. Fright Hike has sold out for the past 4 years so people should plan to get tickets early. If we do not sell out, we might be able to offer a very limited amount of tickets at the door - but given COVID-19 issues, details for that process will need to wait until later in 2021. Carpooling is encouraged.
Enter the dark forest at your own risk and behold ghoulish scenes as you walk nearly 2 miles of haunted trail. Watch your back for wandering spooks! After the hike, share ghost stories and enjoy musical entertainment by the bonfire. Concessions available at the Evergreen Shelter.
The Fright Hike is held rain or shine, sorry no refunds. Some scenes may be too scary for young children, parent discretion is advised. Sorry, no pets allowed at the hike!
Proceeds benefit The Friends of Lapham Peak, for projects within the Park, including snowmaking.
CAN YOU HELP??
We are looking for a team of volunteer leaders (team captains) to oversee/coordinate several of the functions that make Fright Hike a success. Support and training will be provided to you for these roles. Specifically, we need people in these areas.
FRIGHT HIKE 2019 VOLUNTEERS
- SETUP/DECORATING/CLEAN UP CREW - Team Captain __________
- SECURITY - Team Captain PARKING - Team Captain, Will Edwards
- SHUTTLES - Team Captain __________
- TICKETS - Team Captain __________
- LINE CONTROL - Team Captain ENVIRONMENTAL/WASTE - Team Captain __________
- VOTING/TSHIRT SALES - Team Captain, John Hillmer
- SPONSORSHIPS - Team Captain __________
- MAKEUP/VIP TENT - Team Captain __________
- VOLUNTEER AFTER PARTY - Team Captain __________
For more information or to accept a position, please contact: Angela Lorbach, email@example.com or 262.290.8710
Fright Hike VolunteerWe would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Encourage anyone interested to put on a Scary Scene! Performance opportunities are open for approved Halloween skits; a donation to each participating organization is provided (must perform both nights).
Business sponsorships and donations are needed; if interested, please contact the Friends of Lapham Peak Fright Hike Manager: Angela Lorbach @ 262.290.8710 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can donate any of the following, we would greatly appreciate it! Items may be dropped off at the Lapham Peak Park Entrance Office. Supplies for building props and decorating trails including:
- Twine, rope, heavy duty tape, heavy duty staple guns, staples, nails with heads, hammers
- Scissors, box cutters
- Flash lights, batteries
- Spray paint, outdoor paint
- Tiki torches, tiki torch fluid, lighters, votive candles and/or glass jars to prevent wind from blowing them out
- Fog machine juice, fog machines
- Stakes, old flannel shirts for scare crows
- Foam grave stones, Halloween themed props, decorations, old baby dolls
- Plastic storage tubs / containers
- Working string lights, old working plug-in lamps, old working plug-in chandeliers/hanging light fixtures
- Outdoor extension cords
- Ladders, rakes, garden clippers, brooms
- Pop-up tents
- Scary music CDs
- Make-up, colored hair spray, and costumes.
- and of course: monetary donations always welcome and appreciated (FightHike is owned and operated by the Friends of Lapham Peak, a 501(c)3 organization)